ActewAGL Level 5 Zone A
On-going / Full-time
Remuneration- $137,729 plus 15% superannuation
ActewAGL has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Economist to the join the Regulatory Affairs and Pricing Division. The Principal Economist will provide expert economic advice to ActewAGL and Icon Water management on key issues and decisions in the areas of pricing, costing, demand forecasting, economic appraisals, customer choice and value analysis and benchmarking.
The Principal Economist is expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare submissions and briefing material on price regulation matters.
- Manage major pricing and costing reviews and oversee tasks in relation to the pricing of water, sewerage and trade waste services.
- Provide supporting economic and related analysis of major corporate initiatives.
- Manage, oversee or perform economic cost-benefit analysis of capital and operational expenditure options.
- Manage demand and revenue forecasting processes to meet pricing and regulatory needs.
- Develop pricing policy to align with business strategy.
- Ensure annual price changes for major monopoly services and miscellaneous fees and charges are derived and implemented to meet commercial requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Manage or provide input to customer engagement activities relating to pricing and service levels, including surveys, forums and workshops.
- Ensure that a full suite of economic and customer related data is kept up to date to aid business analysis.
- Manage studies in relation to benchmarking and performance assessment.
- Proven experience in managing a work program, dealing with competing priorities in different business areas, mobilising resources and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and interpret complex and detailed subject matter and to distil matters requiring priority attention.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment involving regulatory, legal, economic and technical subject matter.
- Detailed understanding of the application of micro-economic theory in a monopoly service environment, particularly with costing and pricing issues and techniques.
- Excellent report writing skills and strong research and analytical ability.
- Experience in managing consultants, including terms of reference, tracking progress, tendering and ensuring timely delivery of results.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in economics.
Click here to upload your current resume and cover letter outlining your key attributes that you can bring to this position.
Reference number: 91/2017
Contact: Yolanda Mchao 6248 3303
Closing date: 23 August 2017