Manager, Strategic Evaluation Projects
- $115,136 - $154,076 (Plus Superannuation)
- Fixed Term (until 10 Feb 2019)
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual work location: Melbourne, CBD (flexibility may be available)
The position of Manager, Strategic Evaluation Projects forms a part of the Outcomes Performance and Evaluation Branch in Economic Strategy and Performance Division within the Strategy and Planning Group.
The Strategy and Planning Group operates across the department’s various portfolios to help shape, align and strengthen the capability of DEDJTR to deliver the government’s agenda. The group plays a key leadership role across the department, by:
- integrating strategic advice across the department into an overarching economic strategy and narrative;
- providing strategic understandings of, and approaches to, the Victorian economy;
- setting the strategic intent for the department;
- leading the strategic planning, performance monitoring and evaluation activities of the department;
- delivering strategic communications;
- coordinating emergency management responsiveness;
- delivering legal and legislation services.
The Manager, Strategic Evaluation Projects leads a high performing team undertaking strategic evaluations of key departmental initiatives in order to build a better evidence base for decision making and contribute to policy and strategy development across the department’s diverse portfolios. This role will suit someone who is comfortable analysing data to generate insights and communicating those insights with senior stakeholder to help them shape the department’s strategic direction.
The position is well suited to experienced project management professionals with a background in economics or statistics, and with public policy experience. Experience undertaking strategic evaluations of policy and program initiatives would be desirable.
For a confidential discussion, please call Sue Heistein, Director, Outcomes Performance and Evaluation on (03) 8392 6899
For further information on the position, and position description, and to apply please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and refer to VG/019865A
Applications close 18 April 2018