Women in Economics Network Queensland launch
From: Wednesday May 17, 2017, 5:30 pm
To: Wednesday May 17, 2017, 8:00 pm
Women in Economics Network Queensland launch, Wednesday 17 May from 5 to 8pm, Deloitte Access Economics, Level 25, Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle Street, Brisbane, 4000
Join economists and others with an interest in supporting the careers of female economists at the launch of the Women in Economics Network Queensland.
The event starts for informal networking from 5pm with a panel discussion starting at 6pm on developing a successful career in economics with:
- Cathie Close, Reserve Bank of Australia Senior Representative Qld
- Natasha Doherty, Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
- Sally Noonan, Deputy Director General, Dept of Transport and Main Roads
- Christine Smith, Professor of Economics, Griffith University
Moderator: Dr Tina Rampino, Research Fellow, Institute of Social Science Research, UQ and President of WEN in Queensland.
Men are welcome (and encouraged) to this event.
Cost: There is no charge to attend but registration is essential to assist with catering
If the event shows as "full" please email email@example.com to register your interest if places become available.
About Women in Economics Network (WEN)
WEN is linked to the Economic Society of Australia. It has been formed to promote and support the careers of female economists in Australia.
The objectives for the Women in Economics Network are to:
- professionally connect and support the career development of women in economics
- increase the representation of women at all levels of the economics profession
- promote public contributions by female economists.
- Membership of the Economics Society and the WEN is open to anyone with an interest in economics including economists and other professionals in academia, government, business and teaching. People can join the WEN by becoming members of their local branch of the Economics Society of Australia.
Men are welcome (and encouraged) to become members of WEN and attend most WEN events. However, some of the activities of the WEN such as the Women in Economics Retreat, mentoring program and media register are targeted specifically at women.
For more details on WEN see - WEN website
Sorry: Event is Fully Booked
VenueDeloitte Access Economics
25 floor, Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle St, Brisbane QLD 4000