Assistant Parliamentary Budget Officer – various divisions
- Senior Executive Service Level 1
- Full-time ongoing and/or non-ongoing
- Parliament House, Canberra
- $240,430 - $276,493 (includes superannuation)
About the Parliamentary Budget Office
The Parliamentary Budget Office (PBO) supports the Parliament by providing independent, authoritative and non‐partisan analysis of budgetary issues and the fiscal cost of policy proposals. In light of the current fiscal situation, the PBO is in a unique position to support the Parliament and general public at this critical time through analysis that is timely and relevant.
The PBO values the diverse range of skills and experience of our staff. We seek passionate staff who demonstrate initiative, work with the utmost discretion and confidentiality, and work collaboratively to deliver services to support the Parliament.
About the role
The PBO is seeking an experienced leader with strong management skills and an ability to communicate effectively with Parliamentarians and other key stakeholders. Candidates from a range of backgrounds are invited to apply, especially those with an economic, finance or tax background. You will use your strong technical and leadership skills to build capability to ensure that PBO products balance analytical quality with timeliness.
The position is one of five Assistant Parliamentary Budget Officers. Reporting to the First Assistant Parliamentary Budget Officer, you will work on a fluid range of projects including, but not limited to:
- developing key publications that enhance public understanding of the budget and budget transparency
- technical costings
- building longer term analytical capacity through model and data development, and
- contributing to organisational wide projects and the PBO’s corporate functions.
The detailed responsibilities of each position will reflect the skills and background available, and this position will be expected to play the lead role in developing and managing the Director cohorts.
As part of the Executive team at the PBO, you will have an integral role in setting and communicating the strategic direction for the organisation.
As a member of the PBO’s senior management team, the Assistant Parliamentary Budget Officer will:
- Provide professional, strategic, and operational leadership and expertise across the PBO
- Support the Parliamentary Budget Officer in developing and implementing the PBO’s annual work plan and, as part of the Executive team, ensuring that these are clearly communicated within the PBO and externally
- Represent the Parliamentary Budget Office to stakeholders, before parliamentary committees and in Australian and international fora
- Perform other duties as desired by the Parliamentary Budget Officer.
Contact officer: Jonathan Beaumont, Director or Michelle Kelly, Principal Consultant, Beaumont&Beaumont.
Phone: (02) 6126 4500
For further information and how to apply, go to the PBO’s recruitment page at https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Employment/Parliamentary_Budget_Office
Applications close Sunday 2 October 11:30pm AEDT.